Senior Forensics Consultant
As Senior Forensics Consultant for the Digital Forensics Practice within the Lighthouse Advisory Services group focused on governance, risk, and compliance issues, Stein brings over twenty years of experience in information technology, digital forensics, and ediscovery experience to his role. Stein provides expert witness and strategic consulting services to law firms and corporations in the areas of computer forensics, investigations, electronic discovery, and litigation support.
Prior to joining Lighthouse in 2020, Stein’s experience included:
- Senior Consultant of Forensics at Inventus, LLC, where he worked on evidence collection for investigation and litigation matters, expert witness testimony, and digital forensic analysis work.
- Founder of an independent digital forensic investigations practice, SV Forensics.
- Director of Forensic Technology Services at FTI Consulting, where he focused on evidence collection for investigation and litigation matters, expert witness testimony, digital forensic analysis work, and account management and business development. He was responsible for advising clients on industry-leading practices in areas of litigation hold, digital evidence collection and remediation, and digital forensic analysis for expert witness testimony.
In his spare time, Stein is an avid reader, devouring as many as three books at a given time (economic history and deep value investing are his favorites). He loves to be outdoors with a chainsaw or hiking rucksack, and he enjoys imagining travel to exotic warm beaches.
- Certified EnCase Examiner (EnCE License 15-0715-6711) | OpenText, 2015
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) | Cisco, 2001
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) | Microsoft, 1999
- BA in Business Administration – University of Washington