Director, Global Advisory Services
A former litigation partner, Royce is a Director on the Lighthouse Advisory team, specializing in data and ediscovery strategies, information law, and governance issues. With nearly two decades of experience, Royce brings an adept ability to navigate the complex data landscape at the center of US pre-trial litigation, particularly within the insurance industry. She has been recognized by Super Lawyers, and was featured in The New York Times Magazine as one of the top women lawyers in insurance coverage in New York State from 2016-2020.
Royce has written and defended countless motions involving data-related challenges; prepared and cross-examined technical witnesses (for deposition, motion hearings, arbitration, and trial); and counseled numerous clients on risk strategies associated with the use of information and technology.
Prior to Lighthouse, Royce’s exceptional experience includes:
- Litigation partner and chair of Tressler LLP’s Reinsurance Practice, which was awarded Best Reinsurance Law Firm in New York from 2017 through 2020 by Global Law Experts. Royce’s practice focused on reinsurance, insurance coverage, and insurance defense litigation, with a heavy specialization in ediscovery, including ESI protocols, motions to compel, FRCP 27(f) conferences, FRCP 30(b)(6) depositions for technical topics and ediscovery processes, and risk-mitigation strategies in connection with the inadvertent deletion of data. Royce also served as the Firm’s ediscovery expert and go-to resource on records and other technical challenges, presenting legal and regulatory risk.
- Special counsel in the Litigation Department at Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, where she represented insurers and reinsurers in a wide range of complex reinsurance disputes in federal and state courts and in arbitration, and was the founder and co-chair of the eDiscovery and Information Governance Practice Group. Her work resulted in several arbitration awards in excess of $80M on behalf of clients, largely due to successful discovery efforts.
Royce is a true New Yorker – born and raised in New York City – and she still lives there along with her partner, stepson, and son just four blocks from where she grew up. Royce has a driver’s license but has not driven a car in twenty-three years.
Licenses: Active member of the New York State Bar; the Southern District of New York; and Eastern District of New York.
- Pro Bono: State of New York Unified Court System’s Pro Bono Service Award Recipient (2012, 2013)
- New York State Courts Access to Justice Award Recipient (2013)
- inMotion’s Commitment to Justice Award (2012)
- JD – Fordham University School of Law
- BS in Political Science and Women’s Studies – University of Wisconsin-Madison